Dispute & Resolution
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Wayfarerr. However there may be some cases where both the Buyers and Sellers may face issues. At Wayfarerr,we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers.
What is a 'dispute'?
A 'Dispute' can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Website. How does a 'dispute' occur in any Marketplace? Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer and the Seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue. It is important that before a Buyer/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer raises a dispute, the Seller's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
How is a 'dispute' created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer / Seller can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
What are the various types of 'disputes'?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
1. Wrong item received
2. Item Not as described
Damaged or Seal broken on Product
Item not Compatible
Seller Description/Specification Wrong
Defective (Functional issues)
Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
3. Full / Partial non-availability of the Service
4. Misrepresentation by the Seller about Services Resolution via Mediation In case the Seller rejects the product replacement request of the Buyer, and Buyer raises a dispute, then Wayfarerr will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is not entitled to any refund. In case the Buyer is not satisfied with the service received or not received, he / she can try to settle the issue with the Seller. If the Seller doesn't co-operate or contradicts with the Buyer's view, then a dispute can be raised by any aggrieved party by writing to email@example.com along with the order and service details.
Wayfarerr will intervene and try to settle the dispute. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided at the Seller's expense. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is not entitled to any refund.
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
1. Item not received CB - Buyer hasn't received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the policies
2. Unauthorized CB - Buyer hasn't made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the policies and agreements with the payment gateway. Note: Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Seller. Furthermore, Seller shall ensure that invoices state "Wayfarerr.com" and failing to do so Seller will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
3. Item not as described - meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.